Monday, December 17, 2007

How to gain 10 pounds in 5 weeks..

I once traveled to Africa
In search of tropical rain forests
To get away from the tides of the city
In search for a solitude
For never had I been more lost
Innocence, security and belief in the divine

I refused guidance
For a pride not of lions
It’s easy to be confused
For I did say I was in Africa
But far from the Savannah

So without guidance I forayed
Into the unknown apparently brave
With an attitude so frivolous
That it put fear even in me
Of why was I taking things so easy

A brash attitude I would say
But with no one to correct me
And not one knowing what I felt
Not for any reason but mine
For I thought I was being brave in shielding
The ones I love from unnecessary tensions

My brash attitude would be soon broken
For I knew it had to
It was not my way but
The way of life for I
The way it always has
Throwing many surprises along the way

Even in my solitude the people I shielded
Sensed my worries in different ways
And found ways to be worried
Even though a thousand miles away

And people I chose to confide in to
Bear the burden I felt
Found ways to comfort me
With a solidarity I will not forget

I rediscovered a friendship as always
In selfish times for myself
But totally selfless in the other
And had a little fun in the process
Teaching myself again the happiness
In creating an unknown adventure
And believing in the divine

As was always it ended
In a moment of extreme relief and happiness
And as I thought before I slept
I should treasure this for
I was sure to find ways to complicate
The following with umpteen self created problems

And I did just as I suspected…..


“To all those who have shown solidarity through these “selfishly” hard times I salute all of thee--- SAN,H,SU,SH,JB,G(for the records known as K),P,KC,P…..and of course Ch……

10 comments:

Macadamia The Nut said...

And how did you gain those pounds?
:D Did you go to Antartica to lose them again? Hehe!

Filarial said...

:D.. Actually I was being rhetorical with events of 5 weeks past..

Macadamia The Nut said...

hehe! that was my blonde moment :D

Meghna said...

Hi FFilarial,
I'm impressed by your blog! It has such amazing posts! I really liked this poem. By the way, I hope you aren't looking very ugly after gaining these pounds!
Count me in as a regular reader and thanks for your visit to my blog!

Filarial said...

@macadamia he nut
- thou sin has been prdnd..:D

@meghna
- thanks!..:).. thou have been blogrolled as well

Macadamia The Nut said...

Merry Christmas friend!
:)

Anonymous said...

what a lovely poem!

as always life is not about happiness but its about our pursuit of it.

X

Filarial said...

guru bhai that is so true...

David said...

Good lines.

Filarial said...

Thanx David..:)