Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Calcutta Chromosome

I am ashamed to even admit this but I hadnt read a book in three years now other than the last harry puttar.. :D that hasnt stopped me from buying books though .. for I knew one day i would break my rut and I would need a lot of books then.. :|... :D MS kids me about that with a raised eyebrow every time I say I stopped by a Barnes and Nobles.. :D Anyway finally the rut has been broken! I am halfway through this book by Amitav Ghosh a gift from S about a year and a half ago on my birthday... until now I got to say its the best conspiracy book ever.. the shunting between time history and characters is extremely well done without losing track of the plot.. brilliant until now!

PS- Weezer is awesome!


PS PS- just finished the novel.. Brilliant simply Brilliant!

7 comments:

Mambalam Mani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mambalam Mani said...

Finally. One post after long time. (btw if you saw the comment before I deleted it, hehe...please forget to mention it. it was a tubelight moment)

Filarial said...

Fortunately every comment gets emailed to me... :D :D

Amazing Graze said...

even i haven't read it yet. Maybe i will after reading this. :)

viswajith.k.n said...

which book is it? am in the same rut and trying to get out of it!

Filarial said...

umm "the calcutta chromosome".. :D

K J SHENOY said...

This comment is not about the above post. I found at Meghna’s blog that you are(like me) a P G Wodehouse fan(a hard-to-find species on the net). So I thought of saying hi and ask you to visit my nascent blog. Cheers.

http://wodehousesaid.blogspot.com

Do not waste time(qouted from your profile)