Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cats!!

One of the many things I miss from migrating to the US are my cats. I raised three kittens and had gotten so close to them that I was treating them like my son and daughters. A few days ago when I got back from office (yes even I find it hard to believe that I have a 8-5 job now!), it was raining, pardon the pun, but-- cats and dogs. As I ran into my apartment building I saw a cat sitting under a car at the opposite end of the parking lot. I bent down to get a look and smiled at it and walked into my apartment.

The next day when I got back from office and I got otta my car, to my surprise I found her waiting for me. She came running to me meowing in full might, just as my kittens did when I got back from college. I lifted my leg as I would to my kittens and she did the same thing walked around me in circles meowing all the while and rubbing her head ferociously against my shoes. And then showing her head to me as if to say go ahead pet me. I was overcome by a joy that I had missed all this time. I let her pet me for the next fifteen minutes before I bid her adieu. Now if only women were that easy!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

adopt it man

Mambalam Mani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mambalam Mani said...

hehe i am thought of writing something which mite sound gross
but being a tam brahm i give into my conservative senses :D

Filarial said...

@priya- I would love to but her owner would have something to say about it..

@santosh- amen to that

Anonymous said...

I miss my dog in the same way!
And there is this tiger look alike cat in front of srikanth's new house... she likes srikanth better than me! or my be its a HE! ;)

Macadamia The Nut said...

thats why they say women are more discerning than cats
[8)]

Deepti Ravi said...

1. Sons?? Daughters?? *My eyes raise to the roof of my forehead*
2. Totally agree with Macadamia :D

Filarial said...

hey I adopted them when they were but two weeks of age..:)

and yah yah how true!