Sunday, March 2, 2008

The muddy puddle called water...

Everything seemed to be really happy. Even a muddy puddle of water looked crystal clear to me. I looked up smiling I had booked the room in the hotel for the next three days. And then suddenly I was standing in drain pipe way below earth level. That was when I saw it. The pink bunny came out of the door. It had a big key in its back. A machine gun appeared from nowhere and it started firing menacingly. I thought it was firing at me but that was not the case. I was but an observer. What was it firing at? Come on… do I have to stop it?

I got up… perspiration all over me. It had to be an allegory for something. And why was I now sure that JK Rowling was a pseudonym and a well hidden truth about my aunt? It all made no sense. My aunt came into the room and said,” Are you all right? I heard you screaming….” She looked terrified. I started blabbering,” It’s got to have some meaning—you are JK Rowling?” … And then I started remembering things.
I had witnessed the murder hadn’t I…? I started feeling sick all over. The guy had popped out of nowhere and I had not been able to save the kid. He had been shot right in front of me and I had watched helpless. It did not make sense still to me. My aunt brought me some water and I gulped it down. I got up and walked around the house, quick paced to try and find meaning in my actions. I looked at my aunt and said,” But I have a room booked for three days…” And then it struck me… I could not remember the actual date when I had booked the room. And I turned to my aunt and said,” They must still be charging for the room. I can’t even remember when I booked the room. This means I will soon be bankrupt.” She looked at me bewildered. Why was she wearing a bonnet inside the house? Of course it was about to rain was it not!

I got up, “What the hell was that?” I need some water. I walked to the kitchen sink and got meself a glass of cold water. I splashed my face with the water. I was awake. It was snowing heavily outside. But in here I was safe in my boxers. Apparently there was nothing to fear. I laughed out loud like a maniac. That’s what my psyche made me comfortable with when I was scared. One of the many perks of being alone in an apartment in the city. No one took notice. I went back to sleep.

It was lunch time the next day and a time I used to ponder on the events that afflict humanity. I had simple answers and solutions to all of life’s problems. But not having a psychology degree…. Nobody was willing to listen to me. My cell phone rang. I contemplated being in contact with another human voice in an hour that I wished not to be disturbed. But then it was probably someone in need for help… a damsel in distress maybe… I picked up… the voice on the other end said,” Sir, your credit card finally bounced.. So we are cancelling your booked room. Please stop by the Ritz and settle previous balances” and the line went dead. Oh my god. Was I dreaming again? This seemed vaguely familiar. I pinched meself. I was certainly awake based on the theory that pinching oneself in a dream would wake them up. Assuming that was true I started driving to the Ritz. I somehow had the feeling I would be able to settle this and be back at work by the end of the hour.

I found the Ritz thanx to my trusty gladiatorial friend- the monsieur GPS. The manager soon greeted me. He said,” Sir your things are intact as we discussed…” and he winked. I said surprised,” do you know me?... ” He smiled again. He gave me the key to a room I presumed and disappeared on a pretense of being extremely busy. I walked up the stairs and open the room with the number 1818. I walked into the room and found a pair of boots by the doorway that was my size. As I walked past them I saw a dart gun sticking out of it. I curiously picked it up. I looked back up. And there it was. A puppet pink bunny with a big key on its back. I jolted... and then picked it up. I turned the key and the rug under me gave away and I slid down onto a garbage chute and landed into a pile of garbage. I picked myself up and almost puked. The smell of garbage was fine… I was used to that… but the sick smell of a freshener used to get rid of the smell in it got to me. I started walking calling out,” Can someone hear me… I seemed to have slipped and fallen down a hole”… just like Alice…. Yah I was comparing meself to a little girl…. I felt like one in this dark hell.

And then I saw a girl held in a chair and a child by her… guarding? I was not sure. But as I drew closer I knew what I had to do. I pulled out the dart gun and aimed at the child. I ran up to the girl and freed her.

Epilogue

“I do not know how I broke through the toughest security and released her…” I shouted for the umpteenth time. There were four secret service agents sitting across me. I had killed an agent in the process. I could not believe that. Somehow she had altered perception of reality for me. I could not explain. The agents looked at each other and one said,” We are going to have him drugged..” I cried,” No.. Please no… It was not my fault. ,,,,,,,, wake up please wake up… please wake up….” But this was reality???

6 comments:

Amazing Graze said...

hmm... dreams & reality, & the blurred lines in between. weird, but makes a great topic to write about. surreal like a movie.

Filarial said...

so true...

Macadamia The Nut said...

SOMEbody's back in action I see. You DEFINITELY need to tell us how you come up with these gems!

P.S. Pleeeeeeease lose that you tube link :(( I nearly died when I opened your blog. Lol!

Filarial said...

Mac San--> Like great teacher Miyagi say-- Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.

Macadamia The Nut said...

:|
You monster you!
I'm going to start a campaign to make you remove the youtube link :D
LOL!

Filarial said...

Mac San- When great teacher Miygai asked, with picture of Sato san Karate school and Sato san is breaking log of wood with bare hands, if he could do that he say," Dont know- Miyagi never attack by tree"...