Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cat Stories




This reminded me of The Cat. Thats what I called her. She wasn't allowed inside the house and within a year of finding us she had become a part of all our lives. In my house back in Madras the layout was such that my study room was above the garage and its windows opened onto a balcony. One day when I came to my study room I found the cat sitting on the ironing table by the window which I had forgotten to close. Instinctively I scolded the cat in my loud voice and said " WHat are you doing in here. You know you are not allowed inside the house. Get out!!" and I pointed to the open window. She just looked back at me and gave me a concerned meow..I actually felt her say why the hell are you shouting. I am not going out through the window! I just calmed down. And said softly " Ok.. You know you are not allowed inside here. So follow me out." She got up at once and jumped down, Followed me through the house - two rooms later we were at the front door which I opened and she looked up at me gave me a meow and walked out with dignity.

10 comments:

viswajith.k.n said...

eppothu lerndu did u start speaking animal lingo? :P

Unknown said...

Meow.....
They never seem to understand why we are yelling at them.... But as a royal animal they respect our kind words....

Macadamia The Nut said...

Aww! That's so cute! I think speaking animal lingo is hot!
;)

Mambalam Mani said...

iron man was little boring

Anonymous said...

meow!!!

justchum said...

haha awww. Its amazing how the tone of voice makes such a difference!! nice blog!

Filarial said...

@Viswajith- easy..:D

@red phoenix- I know-- I learnt it is the sane with all human beings too..:D

@Mac- Po Po

@Santhosh- stop infringing my creative spot man

@Priya- :D

@againstthegrain-- I know!..:)

Amazing Graze said...

haha... i love garfield!
real cute post.

Macadamia The Nut said...

Nee po!

Filarial said...

@amazing greys- Thanks..:)

@mac san- :(