Monday, November 9, 2009

A reply

"Asuri Sudarsanan said...

achievement huh?
this philosophy is called Nayyayika Vaisheshika given by Akshapadhar (Gautama Muni), according to which, when Vaisheshika gnanam (conciousnes knowledge about this universe) dies, you get liberated.

well explained, researched, debated and trashed already :P"

Impressive. But not really.. :D I have always known that every thought that I have was probably thought of an debated in through the annals of time. Let me ask you to clarify your comment a litte and maybe push forth an argument. When you say "explained, researched and trashed" what do you mean?

For a strong philosophical thought to occur- one must have had an equally strong experience. But to debate and trash one needs only so called logic. The vedas or the puranas do not provide us the armory to say that something is wrong or this is my experience .. this is logic.. hence this must be true..:D So any place that it has been trashed has been through the interpretation of other individuals .. however advanced might be their thinking they have not found any ultimate truth. To be so strongly apposed to an idea one must have an equally strong reason other than what is debated.

So for me- I have been through an emotionally torrid time... and hence such a thought occurred. I question existence and no matter what someone else suggests- be it debated before it will not convince me else unless an experience does so. To be concise I do not seek answers to satisfy myself but question my experience and innate conscience and conscience is different from "conciousnes" of what it is that surrounds you.. :)

9 comments:

Asuri Sudarsanan said...

With all respect to your feelings, your idea might have been original, but not new. You did not elaborate on what you meant by prison and what the english behind your word consciousness was. And I admit that my comment was immature.

Nayyayika thought has been refuted by many. Masterpiece is Veda Vyasa's Brahmasutra - which were later elaborated by Dramina, Bodhaayana Vruddi, Sankara Bashyam, Sri Bashyam, Tatvamuktakalaapam, Paramathabangam, and Madwa Bashyam.

The above works were done by three discretely different schools, who did not agree with each other in many aspects, but definitely agreed in points of disproving Nayyayika Vaisheshika and many other schools.

I only know the superficial points of the refutals. To know and talk in detail, I should have went about learning Nyaya and Mimamsa instead of our Crescent Mechanical :P

Filarial said...

:)

Asuri Sudarsanan said...

@ Filarial -
the above anon's comment falls under the category "Chaarvakam" ;-) :P

Filarial said...

I removed the stupid anon spam comment.. :D

viswajith.k.n said...

thalae...y such deep thinking? relax maadi! :D

Filarial said...

:D

Mambalam Mani said...

Konjam kooda purila. Indhi padam paatha maari iruku

Arjun Narayanan said...

Have a look at the Nasadiya Sukta which raises many questions on the purpose of existence. I guess it is a part of the Rig veda. It ponders on issues about creation, creator and who created the creator etc

Filarial said...

:D... i will ... but this was a long time ago :)