Friday, April 20, 2007

VTech..

I am sure people have had enough views on what happened in Vtech and so I m not going to dwell on what or why but say I was truly shocked and found myself feeling really sad at what happened. It was one time that I am happy that I do not have easy access to a television set and am not being tormented by stupid news channels like FOX and CNN adding to good material for the Daily Show! I have been following the story though through the net mainly the BBC website. I came across this blog on the website from the editors and found it really interesting. I thought it was real nice to see that they were facing a moral quandary about featuring the “NBC videos” and felt a responsibility to share their thoughts on the whole scenario..


http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/04/why_we_showed_gunman_video.html

2 comments:

Mambalam Mani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mambalam Mani said...

yaa...i feel that the channels are just commercializing everything...i mean when i look at the channels i get more disgusted in seeing the way they report these news than the actual event itself..
i saw a 'show' in CNN today on the shootings..it was supposedly a report by their Special Investigative Unit and predictably they showed the same sickening footages of the gunman's speeches, interview of students etc.,
now where did 'investigation' come from?!?
i hate these channels esp when they say something like special reports, or else sit with a panel and start discussing....